"YOU CAN RID YOURSELF OF THE WOLF AT YOUR DOOR,
BUT WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN THE WOLF IS IN YOUR BED...?"
Two identical twin sisters—one a sexually repressed defense attorney, the other a former libertine now living a respectable life in suburbia—are about to have their darkest secrets revealed, to the men in their lives and to themselves.
As one sister prepares for the toughest trial of her career and the other faces a stalker who knows details of her life that even her husband doesn’t, both find themselves pushed to the edge, and confronted by discoveries about their husbands that shock and disturb them. THE SECRET LIVES OF MARRIED WOMEN is an intense, psychologically penetrating tale of fears and fantasies, the desires that drive us, and how far men will go for the women they love.
Acclaim for ELISSA WALD...
- First publication ever!
- Elissa Wald’s first new book in 12 years
- Only the second female author ever to pen a novel for Hard Case Crime
- "Elissa Wald is a brave, disturbing new voice in American fiction. She works all the margins of the wild side and brings us news from those frontiers that very few writers have dared approach."
- — Pat Conroy, best-selling author of PRINCE OF TIDES and THE GREAT SANTINI
- "Passionately wrought...a writer whose prose I’ve long admired. Wald’s vision of the world has much to teach us about the brevity of desire and the longevity of pain."
- — Junot Diaz, Pulitzer Prize-winning author of THE BRIEF WONDROUS LIFE OF OSCAR WAO
- "Elissa Wald, a veteran of what vanilla reviewers call the ‘S/M scene,’ brings new meaning to the term ‘literary submission.’ If you’re looking for a good erotic read, cuff yourself to this book. And don’t unlock the cuffs until you’re told."
- — Time Out New York