THE SCORCHING PULP NOVEL BY LAWRENCE BLOCK,
AVAILABLE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 50 YEARS!
On the border between El Paso, Texas, and Juarez, Mexico, five lives are about to collide—with fatal results. You'll meet
MARTY—the professional gambler who rolls the dice on a night with...
MEG—the bored divorcee who seeks excitement and finds...
LILY—the beautiful hitchhiker lured into a live sex show by...
CASSIE—the redhead with her own private agenda...
and WEAVER—the madman, the killer with a straight razor in his pocket, on the run from the police and determined to go down swinging!
This is MWA Grand Master Lawrence Block at his rawest and most visceral, a bloody, bawdy, brutal story of passion and punishment—and of lines that were never meant to be crossed.
Raves for the Work of Lawrence Block...
- First publication ever under the author’s real name!
- Volume includes three of Block’s rarest short stories, from the pages of the pulp magazines of half a century ago
- Lawrence Block is one of the most acclaimed living crime writers, having won every major award in the genre (including 5 Edgar Awards) and been named a Grand Master by the Mystery Writers of America
- Block’s novel A WALK AMONG THE TOMBSTONES is coming out as a movie with Liam Neeson starring
- "There is only one writer of mystery and detective fiction who comes close to replacing the irreplaceable John D. MacDonald...The writer is Lawrence Block."
- — Stephen King
- "Brilliant...For clean, close-to-the-bone prose, the line goes from Dashiell Hammett to James M. Cain to Lawrence Block. He’s that good."
- — Martin Cruz Smith
- "The suspense mounts & mounts & mounts...very superior.."
- — James M. Cain
- "Block grabs you...and never lets go."
- — Elmore Leonard
- "Lawrence Block is a master of crime fiction."
- — Jonathan Kellerman
- "Lawrence Block is addictive. Make room on your bookshelf."
- — David Morrell