EVER WONDER WHY THEY CALL IT THE WILD WEST?
Bill Wayne told his beautiful tour guide that he took the bus trip through the West to relax. But who can relax with dead bodies turning up at every stop?
From Cheyenne to Salt Lake City, from Reno to Yosemite, Bill’s secretly on a mission to discover which of his former army buddies shot him and left him for dead four years earlier. But with all the lead that’s flying around, Bill will be lucky to make it to the end of the tour in one piece...
Praise for the work of Richard Powell...
- First publication in 50 years!
- Best-selling creator of the Andy and Arabella Blake mysteries and the suspense classic A Shot In the Dark.
- Author worked for the U.S. War Department during World War II and as a police reporter.
- Barnes & Noble on SAY IT WITH BULLETS: "A relentlessly paced blend of Wild West adventure and hard-nosed mystery, this post WWII thriller is just as enthralling as it was half a century ago. In a word: Classic."
- Sarah Weinman on SAY IT WITH BULLETS: "It's fast, it's funny, the dialogue is so snappy that twigs are falling all over the place, and Powell clearly had a grand time writing the book...Way fun."
- "Exceptionally adept...Relentless."
- — New York Herald Tribune
- "Light wit and hard action."
- — Anthony Boucher, The New York Times
- "Rampaging excitement."
- — Chicago Tribune