NOMINATED FOR THE EDGAR ALLAN POE AWARD
FOR BEST PAPERBACK NOVEL OF THE YEAR!
IN A FARM ON THE EDGE OF NOWHERE
LIE THE SEEDS OF MURDER
Jack Stone fled Los Angeles, a failed marriage, and a failing career as a screenwriter to spend six months in the remote English countryside, hammering out the new script that would put him back on top. But what he found wasn’t solitude and peace—it was temptation. Because Maggie Barlow, the wife of the man putting him up, had something irresistible about her. Something that could drive a man to kill...
Raves for the work of Russell Hill...
- First publication anywhere!
- Pulp Fiction Reviews on ROBBIE’S WIFE: "A terrific crime thriller destined to become a classic in the genre. They just don’t get any better than this."
- Publishers Weekly on ROBBIE’S WIFE: "Seductive intensity...graceful writing and three-dimensional characters [and] gratifying last-act plot twists."
- Author of the critically acclaimed novels Lucy Boomer and The Edge of the Earth
- Recipient of an award from the National Endowment for the Arts for poetry
- "A sublime piece of writing...Fantastic."
- — Mike Hodges, director of GET CARTER and PULP
- — Rocky Mountain News
- "A great one."
- — Cosmopolitan