After years at sea, Swede Nelson just wanted to find a nice girl and settle down. What he found was Corliss Mason: sensual, irresistible—and deadly. Soon Swede’s helping Corliss cover up a killing, but how long can they get away with murder? And why can’t he shake the terrible suspicion that he’s being set up?
Praise for Day Keene’s work...
- Day Keene’s greatest novel, published for the first time in 37 years
- Author also wrote for radio, television, and the movies
- This Week on HOME IS THE SAILOR: "Recall[s] the seedy, doomed spirits of the best of Jim Thopmson and James M. Cain."
- Ed Gorman on HOME IS THE SAILOR: "A blast to read...a page turner of the highest order."
- "HOME IS THE SAILOR is fast and furiously paced, as savagely elemental as early Spillane. Strong meat for the hardboiled palate."
- — Bill Pronzini, author of BLUE LONESOME
- "Vivid characters and an emotionally involving plot...the many unexpected story twists add ingenuity."
- — Guide to Classic Mystery and Detection
- "One of the first, best, and most prolific writers to make the transition from the pulps to…paperback originals."
- — William DeAndrea, ENCYCLOPEDIA MYSTERIOSA
- "A mean, true feel for fallen men and women...compelling."
- — Ed Gorman, author of EVERYBODY’S SOMEBODY’S FOOL