Who was he, really, under the bandages?
When Navy Lieutenant David Young came to in a hospital bed, his face was covered with bandages and the nurses were calling him by a stranger’s name. But David’s nightmare was only beginning. Because the man they believed him to be was suspected of treason—and had driven his wife to murder.
Now David’s got to make his way through a shadow world of suspicion and deception, of dirty deals and brutal crimes, and he needs to stay one step ahead of enemies whose identity he doesn’t even know—since if he can’t, his impersonation of a dead man is about to become a lot more realistic...
Raves for the work of Donald Hamilton...
- Creator of Matt Helm, star of 27 novels that have sold more than 20 million copies worldwide, four blockbuster movies with Dean Martin in the lead role, and a classic TV series
- A new Matt Helm movie is currently in pre-production at Steven Spielberg’s Dreamworks studio
- Nominated twice for the Edgar Allan Poe Award for Best Paperback Original by the Mystery Writers of America
- Bookgasm on NIGHT WALKER: "Claustrophobic and tense...yet another gem brought back to life by Hard Case Crime."
- Ed Gorman on NIGHT WALKER: "Exemplary...a surrealistic sense of nighttime...even when it's daylight in this book, it's midnight."
- James Sallis on NIGHT WALKER in The Boston Globe: "Hamilton [is] one of those writers I read obsessively...[Stories like NIGHT WALKER] touch and profoundly disturb something deep within us."
- "The best new thing in years."
- — Mickey Spillane
- "Cynical, violent, and extremely well plotted...exceptional."
- — Thrilling Detective
- "Compelling...He has brought to the spy novel the authentic hard realism of Hammett."
- — Anthony Boucher, The New York Times