THERE’S NO DRUG MORE
ADDICTIVE THAN FAME.
EXCEPT, YOU KNOW, PIMP.
Ruined and on the lam, former drug kingpin Max Fisher stumbles upon the biggest discovery of his crooked life: a designer drug called PIMP that could put him back on top. Meanwhile, a certain femme fatale from his past is pursuing a comeback dream of her own, setting herself up in Hollywood as producer of a series based on her and Max’s life story. But even in La-La Land, happy endings are hard to come by, especially with both the cops and your enemies in the drug trade coming after you...
"I want to kill these guys—except I can’t stop laughing long enough."
"Downright hilarious and bloodthirsty in the best possible way.
With all the dirt and more you could ask about Hollywood
and the world of crime publishing."
"Perfect for those who like to laugh while the blood flows."
Acclaim for the work of Bruen and Starr...
- First publication ever!
- Tenth anniversary of Bruen and Starr’s first collaboration, and first new book in the Max Fisher series since 2008
- Two of the hottest authors in crime fiction today, Bruen and Starr have been nominated for or won almost every award in the field: the Edgar, the Shamus, the Barry, the Anthony, the Macavity, and more
- BUST,SLIDE and THE MAX received rave reviews from Entertainment Weekly and other major publications
- "Two of the century’s best thriller writers have joined forces to bring a postmodern twist to the black heart of noir fiction."
- — Rocky Mountain News
- "You want to read a good, mean book? Grab this new paperback thriller."
- — Entertainment Weekly
- "Vulgar, demented, violent, twisted, amoral, and hilarious...some of the funniest dialogue this side of Elmore Leonard."
- — Otto Penzler, The New York Sun