WHERE DOES A HIT MAN DRAW THE LINE?NOW A CINEMAX TELEVISION SERIES!
With a controversial presidential election just weeks away, Quarry is hired to carry out a rare political assignment: kill the Reverend Raymond Wesley Lloyd, a passionate Civil Rights crusader and campaigner for the underdog candidate. But when a hate group out of Ferguson, Missouri, turns out to be gunning for the same target, Quarry starts to wonder just who it is he’s working for.
The longest-running series from Max Allan Collins, author of ROAD TO PERDITION, the Quarry novels tell the story of a paid assassin with a rebellious streak and an unlikely taste for justice. Once a Marine sniper, Quarry found a new home stateside with a group of contract killers. But some men aren’t made for taking orders—and when Quarry strikes off on his own, God help the man on the other side of his nine-millimeter...
The Critics Love Quarry...
- First publication ever!
- Star of the acclaimed TV series QUARRY on Cinemax
- Featuring the final cover worked on by the late Glen Orbik (1964-2015)
- "Violent and volatile and packed with sexuality...classic pulp fiction."
- — USA Today
- "Collins’ witty, hard-boiled prose would make Raymond Chandler proud."
- — Entertainment Weekly
- "Crime fiction aficionados are in for a treat...a neo-pulp noir classic."
- — Chicago Tribune
- "As cool as an Eskimo Pie on a hot summer day and as sharp as a Ginsu knife."
- — Milwaukee Journal Sentinel