THERE’S NOTHING MORE DANGEROUS
THAN A LOADED MAGAZINE
Memphis, 1975. "Raunchy" doesn’t begin to describe Max Climer’s magazine, Climax, or his all-hours strip club, or his planned video empire. Evangelists, feminists, and local watchdog groups all want him out of business. But someone wants more than that, and has hired a killer to end Max’s career permanently. Only another hit man—the ruthless professional known as Quarry, star of the acclaimed series on Cinemax—can keep Climer from becoming a casualty in the Sexual Revolution.
The longest-running series from Max Allan Collins, author of ROAD TO PERDITION, the Quarry novels tell the story of an assassin with an unlikely taste for justice. Once a Marine sniper, Quarry found a new home stateside with a group of contract killers. But some men aren’t made for taking orders…
The Critics Love Quarry...
- First publication ever!
- A new Quarry novel set in the time of the hit Cinemax series
- Features a new cover painting by the legendary Robert McGinnis
- "Violent and volatile and packed with sexuality...classic pulp fiction."
- — USA Today
- "Collins’ witty, hard-boiled prose would make Raymond Chandler proud."
- — Entertainment Weekly
- "Crime fiction aficionados are in for a treat...a neo-pulp noir classic."
- — Chicago Tribune
- "As cool as an Eskimo Pie on a hot summer day and as sharp as a Ginsu knife."
- — Milwaukee Journal Sentinel