HAS DONALD LAM GONE OVER TO THE DARK SIDE?
From the world-famous creator of PERRY MASON, Erle Stanley Gardner—at his death the best-selling American author of all time—comes another baffling case for the Cool & Lam detective agency. Return to the 1960s as a simple insurance investigation into a car accident puts Bertha Cool and Donald Lam on the trail of murder—and Donald hip-deep in danger when he poses as an ex-con to infiltrate a criminal gang. It’s Gardner’s twistiest caper ever, and a fitting conclusion to Hard Case Crime’s revival of this classic (and long-unavailable) detective series.
Further Acclaim for ERLE STANLEY GARDNER...
- First appearance in bookstores in 45 years!
- Erle Stanley Gardner remains one of the most popular American authors of all time
- Kirkus Reviews on the lost Cool & Lam novel, THE KNIFE SLIPPED: "A remarkable discovery...fans will rejoice at another dose of Gardner’s unexcelled mastery of pace and an unexpected new taste of his duo’s cyanide chemistry."
- "The best-selling author of the century...a master storyteller."
- — New York Times
- "Among his many other virtues, Erle Stanley Gardner is surely the finest constructor of hyper-intricate puzzles in evidence..."
- — Anthony Boucher, New York Times Book Review
- "An ingenious story."
- — Kirkus Reviews